Chair : Dr Chau De Ming
Co-chair: Associate Professor Dr Thahira Begum
The objective of this working group is to foster a culture of research integrity in Malaysia through its various initiatives and programmes. The flagship programme of this working group is the YSN-ASM Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Programme, which collaborates with various partners to organise many initiatives to promote research integrity.
Activities Overview (2019)
- Responsible Conduct of Research Workshops
- YSN-ASM RCR Training-of-Instructors Programme
- ASEAN RCR Workshop
- Development of Second Edition of Malaysian Educational Module on RCR
- National Survey on Responsible Conduct of Research among Researchers in Malaysia
Responsible Conduct of Research Workshops
We organise RCR workshops to create awareness on RCR as well as to promote ethical value and professional norms in conducting research. Our target audience are all researchers in Malaysia. We recently conducted a 3-day RCR workshop at the Faculty of Medicine of University Malaya. We will conduct another workshop from the 3rd-6th of September 2019, in collaboration with Akademi Kepimpinan Pendidikan Tinggi (AKEPT) Malaysia.
YSN-ASM RCR Training-of-Instructors Programme
The Science Integrity Working Group established this programme to train more RCR instructors. Trainees are given facilitator training and active learning-pedagogy training. Trainees will also be equipped with up-to-date knowledge on RCR. Those who have successfully completed this programme will become YSN-ASM-Certified RCR Instructors.
ASEAN RCR Workshop
The Science Integrity Working Group will be co-organising an ASEAN RCR workshop from the 11-14th of December 2019, in Kuala Lumpur. The aim of this workshop is to promote RCR awareness to researchers in the ASEAN region and to train RCR instructors in the region.
National survey on the state of Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) in Malaysia
The objective of this survey is to understand the attitudes of researchers in Malaysia towards RCR and to use the data to identify strategies to promote research integrity in Malaysia.
Development of Second Edition of Malaysian Educational Module on RCR
We published the first Malaysian Educational Module on RCR in 2018, which can be accessed online at: https://issuu.com/asmpub/docs/rcr_module_readonly. Please contact ASM if you wish to purchase this Module. We will be revising this module with updated content, new case studies and active learning pedagogy.
- Dr Chau De Ming, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- AP Dr Thahira Begum, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Dr Chai Lay Ching, University Malaya
- Professor Dr Abhi Veerakumarasivam, Sunway University
- Dr Manraj Singh Cheema, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Dr Chan Soon Choy, Perdana University
- Dr Ho Wai Shin, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Dr Razinah Sharif, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Dr Lee Hooi ling, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- AP Dr Sumathi Setupathi, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- AP Dr Ong Boon Hoong, University Malaya
- Dr Mohd Ghows Mohd Azzam, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Dr Saleha Shahar, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Dr Mas Jaffri, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Dr Sarah Othman, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Dr Phan Chia Wei, University Malaya
- Dr Tee Kok Keng, University Malaya
- AP Dr Tan Yee shin, University Malaya
- AP Dr Pasupuleti Visweswara Rao, Universiti Sabah Malaysia