Chair : Dr Mohd Sukor Su’ait
Co-chair: Dr Jaysuman Pusppanathan
Science communication working group aims to empower scientists to be better science communicators, by providing platforms (talks, article columns, etc.) and training for science writing and public speaking.
- Science Café
- Suara Saintis Muda
- Science Communication Module Development
- YSN-ASM Science Communication Public Engagement Series
- Science Café is a public talk series held in three cities – Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru and Georgetown, Penang. In KL, café sessions are held monthly on 2ndWednesday of the month, while JB and Penang are held on ad-hoc basis. YSN members and affiliates are given an opportunity to share their research findings to a non-expert audience, particularly working adults, students and families residing in respective cities. The casual environment also enables engaging discussion between the speaker and audience.
- Science Café is organised internationally across various countries. This concept for casual science talk in hipster café or pub has been effective in capturing a fan base, while engaging a unique non-expert audience. Furthermore, it is a learning experience for YSN members and affiliates as speakers themselves – to step out of their lecture comfort mode.
- Newspaper interview about Science Café KL: Click here
- Facebook page
Suara Saintis Muda
- Suara Saintis Mudais a dedicated news column to share experiences and insights about the life of a young scientist in Malaysia. Unlike formal news, this column offers column readers a casual and more people’s perspective into the life and times of scientist behind the science discovery.
- Link to full archive: https://www.majalahsains.com/category/bicara-saintis/suara-saintis-muda/